(Virtual Series) Farm Tour & Grow Your Own Superfood Workshop
Take a peek behind the scenes of Singapore's urban farming movement. Join Edible Garden City's farmers on an exclusive online farming experience, complete with a virtual tour and microgreens workshop!
Singapore is moving onward towards its goal of growing 30% of our nutritional needs by 2030. Get to know the faces and places driving this movement, and find out how being a land-scarce, hot-and-humid nation like ours could actually work in our favour.
Meet our farmers (yes the session will be interactive), hear their stories, and take a virtual tour of the highlights of Edible Garden City's main farm, located right in the heart of Queenstown! Discover the wonderful world of edible flowers, native plants, and yummy veggies, all grown in Singapore, for Singaporeans. Find out how we turn limitations into opportunity, and find out how we use natural methods to grow our food.
Afterwards, hone your own green thumbs with a hands-on microgreens growing experience. Tasty, easy to grow and nutrient-dense, microgreens are a wonderful addition to your meals to have as salads or tasty garnishes for your food. Typically seen in fine dining restaurants, they're suitable for home growing - lucky for all of us!
In this session, we’ll cover:
- The nutritional benefits of microgreens.
- Techniques and methods to grow microgreens at home.
- Light and soil requirements.
- Ways to use microgreens in your dishes.
- Hands-on time! Prepare your own planting medium and sow seeds.
Participants will grow and nurture their own microgreens which can be harvested in 2-3 weeks' time! All materials will be shipped to you before the workshop, so that you can grow along with our trainers!
Discover the wonderful world of home gardening and join us in growing your own tasty, easy to grow and nutrient-dense microgreens. Class sizes will be kept very small, to give a more intimate experience despite the virtualness of it all, so SIGN UP NOW!
This workshop is recommended for anyone 18 and above. Please note that the online class will be conducted in English.
*Minimum 4 pax to start, up to 40 pax.
📆 14 January 2022, Friday
⏰ 5pm to 630pm
🎟️ $48 / pax, including all taxes and materials
💻 🌿 📱 🥬 🖥️
📧 For tour/workshop participants, you will receive an email with more information at least 2 days prior to the session. If you do not see the email, please check your junk or spam folder.
"Given the current pandemic situation, people have new found hobby to grow their own greens. The workshop by Edible Garden City covered the starter’s knowledge and help us kick-off the growing of microgreens at home using minimum space. And it is super engaging even though the workshop was conducted fully on Zoom!"
- Eric Lim, Mitsui Chemicals Asia Pacific, Ltd.
1. All workshop tickets are non-refundable and non-exchangeable.
2. Any exchange of workshop dates or participant names will be considered on case-by-case basis. Participants should inform us of any proposed changes at firstname.lastname@example.org at least 3 days before the actual day of the workshop.
3. In the case of no-show, late attendance or early departure, no refund, replacement, make-up or exchange will be made.
4. Terms and conditions are subject to change without notice at any time and at the sole discretion of Edible Garden City Pte Ltd.
5. Please ensure that all information provided to Edible Garden City Pte Ltd is accurate. Should any of the provided information be untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, Edible Garden City Pte Ltd will not be held responsible or liable for incomplete/failed delivery of the service/product.