Yay! It's the school holidays! It's the perfect time to explore the outdoors! And we have the programme exactly for that!
Our June Camp Junior Urban Farmer is here! This time, we want to invite kids to really immerse themselves into the farm life; spend three days with us at the farm, doing everything from gardening, to eating delicious food, exercising our artistic sides, and fostering new friendships with fellow budding eco warriors!
Over the course of three half days, the junior urban farmers will learn in a fun, safe and engaging way.
Let’s Get Our Hands Dirty!
- Meet our farmers, and take a multi-sensory tour of our farm.
- See, touch and smell plants and cute critters like friendly insects. Learn that there’s nothing to be scared of, but a whole world to be explored.
- Find out how plants, animals and insects all depend on one another, and why it is important that we protect nature.
- Pick up tips and tricks of gardening, from growing plants from seed to taking care of mature plants.
- Practise their new skills in the garden, and develop confidence as they learn and become more comfortable in the great outdoors.
Composting and Nature Art
- Discover various methods of composting and learn how to make your own organic compost using food waste.
- Grab your magnifier and become a scientist or an artist for the day, as we explore the farm!
- Discover the beauty in nature.
- Learn the cycle of life on a farm – from seed to flower to dried leaves to new life.
- Find the wonder in it all, and showcase interesting colours, textures and shapes in an art piece.
Farm to Table to Tummy
- Excite your palate with healthy teas and tasty pizzas, all made from scratch.
- Learn the recipes and help to make these delicious treats.
- Wind down and learn the value of sharing with our friends and communities.
*May not be in sequence.
Let our kids discover the joys of outdoor exploration and sow seeds for a lifetime of nature appreciation! They will also get to take home the plants and crafts from the activities, to continue the learning journey beyond the workshop.
Suitable for children aged 4-12 years old. Sign up now! For the best learning experience for your child, only a limited number of spaces are available. To help children to have a holistic and engaging learning experience, only 3-day sign ups will be available.
*Minimum 5 pax to start.
📆 22 to 24 June 2021, Tuesday to Thursday
⏰ 830am to 1230pm each day (up to 10 pax)
📍 Edible Garden City, 60 Jalan Penjara Singapore 149375
🎟 $380 / child for 3-day bundle, including all taxes and materials
If you are a DBS staff member, check your staff intranet for a promo code.
🌱 🐛 ☀️ 🧤 ♻️ 🖍️ 🌼 🍕
CAMP Junior Urban Farmer JUNE Holiday Programme
In the spirit of sustainable living and eco-consciousness, we would like to urge everyone to bring your own bottle to recycle and to bring your own bag to carry your take-aways home after your workshop session!