Mealybugs! Aphids! White Flies! Spider Mites!
Now that's a set of exclamations that would stop any gardener mid-water. Pests are the bane of every gardener's life, especially if you are just starting out, and encountering your first pesty nemeses.
We love growing our own veggies at home. When the harvest is good, there is hardly a better feeling. But sometimes when we least expect it, our beloved caixin is taken over by hungry bugs, or something's wrong with our mint, but we can't quite diagnose and treat it in time. We lose our harvest, and sometimes even the plant we've been caring so tenderly for.
Soldier on! All gardeners walk this path with you. Join us for Tackling Pesky Pests - Protecting Our Plants Naturally, a workshop for every beginner gardener facing pest problems. Learn the basics of pest management - identify the different pests (as well as beneficial insects), and find out how to keep them away using natural methods.
Most importantly, leave with the knowledge of how to tackle any future pest problems that might occur in your home edible garden.
During this session:
- Learn how to recognise a pest problem (vs a disease or deficiency), different types of pests, their action, different ways to deal with them.
- Identify different types of pests.
- Harvest fresh farm ingredients for an all-in pesticide (usage of pesticides on different types of pest).
- DIY your own homemade pesticides (with ingredients that can be found in your garden).
- Learn about different types of pesticide and their application.
- Receive a pack of neem cake powder, and your own bottle of homemade natural pesticides.
This farm experience is designed for adults and young adults aged 18 and above. All attendees regardless of age require a ticket. Please note that the workshop will be conducted in English.
*Minimum 5 pax to start.
📆 28 August 2021, Saturday
⏰ 9am to 12pm (up to 20 pax)
📍 Edible Garden City, 60 Jalan Penjara Singapore 149375
🎟 $55 / pax (U.P. $80), including all taxes and materials
If you are a DBS staff member, check your staff intranet for a promo code.
🌱 🌿 🪴 🪰
Tackling Pesky Pests - Protecting Our Plants Naturally
In the spirit of sustainable living and eco-consciousness, we would like to urge everyone to bring your own bottle to recycle and to bring your own bag to carry your take-aways home after your workshop session!